Manufacturing Apps & Solutions Architect
Speeding Our Customers’ Adoption of Modern Industrial Platforms and Applications
Industrial technology is changing fast – and we need to help our customers adapt. Our portfolio includes platform level technologies such as GE Digital’s Historian solutions, structured applications in areas like Manufacturing Execution Systems, and supplemental tools addressing predictive analytics.
Novotek is looking for consultative/technical people to join our sales team who can build a bridge between customer needs and the right enabling tech that will help them pursue gains in productivity, process stability, quality and compliance. It’s a broad brief, so we’re looking for rare individuals! This role requires a blend of technical and domain competence, as well as an ability to keep learning and adapting.
Your Goals & Responsibilities
- Aid in developing opportunities for our industrial IT portfolio and associated consulting revenue
- Deliver consultative services to manufacturers and utilities to define and support their industrial IT programs
- Provide support and consultative services to systems integration partners that work with Novotek
- Help Novotek sales colleagues identify and qualify opportunities for industrial IT solutions in their customer and prospect base
- Develop technical presentations and demo footprints to support a mix of sales, consultative and marketing efforts.
What We Offer
- Flexibility – this role will work across our entire territory, so the successful candidate may be home-based if not located near one of our offices
- A place in a team that works together to create shared opportunities and shared success
- Competitive salary and incentive scheme
- Ongoing professional development, including opportunities to develop new technology skills and domain expertise
- Ongoing personal development opportunities, and support in building a profile as a thought leader in the industrial systems domain.
At least 5-7 years technical pre-sales, project delivery or consulting experience, preferably focused on manufacturing IT, IoT, asset management or field service solutions.
- A degree in engineering, IT, Computer Science or similar
- Expertise in mapping production and process flows, and relating them to the systems delivering functionality to manage different aspects of production and performance analysis
- Expertise with common platform and development tools such as MSSQL, Azure, Java, Python, etc.
- Familiarity with different integration tools and methods (with consideration to aspects such as security) is ideal
- Understanding of development deployment within Microsoft server and security/AD structures is ideal
- Experience working within a DevOps model is ideal
- Demonstrated experience in defining and/or delivering projects, or managing change within industrial environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills – an ability to teach new ideas and new ways of working.
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
Salary Range: £47,000-£52,000/year
Apply by: send CV and cover letter to email@example.com , referencing position description