Unparalleled scale and flexible- from small edge applications to enterprise-wide aggregated machine and sensor data stores.
Proficy Historian 2023 Coming Soon!
Proficy Historian 2023 is a major new release of GE Digital’s industrial data management platform! This new release also features Enhanced Connectivity: MQTT5 support for flexible message structure, Kafka support.
Watch the on-demand webinar here, to find out more!
Built to keep up with the most demanding high-speed applications, and allowing for flexible, resilient, secure deployment, Proficy Historian gives you a single machine data collection platform for managing automation and sensor data. With open interfaces and APIs for reporting and integration, that data is available where it’s needed, when it’s needed.
Readily available, accurate, timely information is critical for many different stakeholders in industrial operations. Proficy Historian simplifies and automates the work of getting data into the right hands for process tuning and troubleshooting, performance analysis, quality & safety monitoring and compliance.
Speed and Scale
Even small plants can generate enormous volumes of data, and some assets or processes need to be monitored at sub-second intervals to find the keys to optimisation or risk management. Proficy Historian is able to process over a million read and write operations each second, from up to 2000 individual collectors. That makes it the machine data collection platform with the performance to keep up with the most demanding operations. Logical and physical compression of data at the point of collection reduce the network traffic needed without compromising the fidelity of your data. And with the newest multi-node architectures, you can distribute server operations for resilience and performance.
Modern Administration & Visualisation Environments
Proficy Historian includes web-based trend analysis tools to enable the fastest start exploring the information you collect. A simple asset-modelling tool allows you to put structure and descriptive information around your raw data, so that non-technical users can search and explore without constant assistance.
A single web-console enables administration of multiple servers and related collectors. So, your system’s technical owners can efficiently deploy, monitor and adjust your overall footprint – wherever and whenever they need to.
Embed Industrial Data in Cloud Applications
With increasing adoption of cloud solutions for both computing infrastructure and application hosting, GE Digital has invested to make Historian able to form part of a hybrid approach to managing industrial data. Modern tools and protocols such as Java, Python and MQTT are now available in the collectors and calculation engines. And new ETL tools for bulk data movement mean customers can let Historian front the challenges of connectivity and data speed and volume and still easily integrate asset and process data into their cloud-based data stores and apps.
now available in the cloud
More and more leading industrial companies have decided to embrace the cloud. ERP, data lake, even MES systems can now be connected and distributed in the cloud, and there is an abundance of analysis tools to use!
What has previously been lacking is the ability to easily move OT data on a large scale to the cloud, but there is now a solution.
Management of time series data
Time series databases have a place in industrial facilities for one reason: they are designed to handle large volumes of streaming process and history data.
They provide built-in, reliable data collection tools designed for industrial use:
- Hundreds of industry protocols
- “Store and forward” to handle network outages
- Industrial data compression at the source and in the server – which reduces the resources for data transport, calculation and storage
- Opportunity for users to use tools such as Excel
- Fast data retrieval regardless of time span
- Simplified ways to manage data and create value – such as performing aggregation and returning the mean over a period of time without building complex issues.
The world’s first cloud – adapted time series database
GE Digital and Amazon Web Services (AWS) have made the first cloud-based historian database available on the AWS Marketplace.
The history database provides:
- Secure encrypted OT data flow to the cloud, with up to 150,000 values per second per interface
- “Store and forward” data to protect against data loss if the cloud or network is not available
- Advanced compression and storage that results in cost-effective use of cloud infrastructure.
All the benefits of cloud-based technology:
- 100% availability for software updates
- Data replication
- High accessibility
- Easy data integration through built-in interfaces to other cloud-based analytics platforms combined with being distributed in the customer’s virtual private cloud.
Whether Proficy Historian is used for an individual facility or for an entire company, this revolutionary technology solves the challenge of cloud-based analytics, which consists of large amounts of data.
- Manage data stores from 100 to 100Million tags
- Resilient edge data collection with redundancy, store and forward, logical and physical data compression.
- Centrally managed server and collector configuration
- Support for legacy (OPC DA) and modern protocols such as OPC-UA and MQTT
- Support for enterprise architectures with data mirroring and multiple server nodes
- Native web-based trending tool
- Asset modelling option based on ISA-95
- ODBC, REST, JAVA interfaces and APIs available
- Predix, AWS, Azure and Google cloud connectivity
- One-click integration with Proficy HMI SCADA solutions iFIX and CIMPLICITY
- Support for 21 CFR Part 11 compliant deployments
- Alarm & Event collection option (Requires MSSQL supplement)
Put your Historian data to work alongside other data sources through powerful, tailored visualisation and apps built with Proficy Operations Hub
Historian adds even more depth to Proficy HMI/SCADA iFIX – enabling advanced trending, replay and more
Automate production event and variable data collection for production tracking, quality and performance analysis with tight Historian Integration
CSense is a wizard driven tool for exploring your data and applying new insights to your assets and processes